Tuesday 24 January 2012

Holy Macaroni!


"So. What do you miss most, being a Vegan?".. Oh. nothing at all really...

Yeah! Sure!  Cheese. Cheese. Cheese. Cheese. I miss it. I don't need it. I don't want it. But I miss that flavor. And I love mac and cheese and I don't care how unsophisticated that makes me. It is seriously special comfort food and you cannot tell me otherwise. Well, you can, but I ain't listening! On the net you will find a plethora of 'quick and easy!' 'Super amazing!' 'You can't tell the difference!' Vegan macaroni and cheese recipes. But who are we kidding, you can tell the difference, and I've tried a lot of those recipes and I always found they were too rich, too complex or too chunky. So what do you do when you have no answer? You make one up! So I made up a recipe which I love the most and I promise it really is 'Super amazing quick and easy Mac and cheese'! Also it contains no soy! Wow!

Holy Macaroni Recipe:
2 cups of gluten free macaroni or pasta (or normal pasta if you are so inclined!)
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 massel vegetable stock cube or a tsp of the powder stock
1 Tbsp Coconut oil
1/3 - 1/2 cup of rice milk (or equivalent soy milk if you like)
Salt or Tamari to taste if needed

Method:
Cook pasta as per instructions. If it is gluten free, remember to rinse, as sometimes it can be coated in weird 'glut-free' gunch. Drain and place back in saucepan. Add all the ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon over low heat until it is nice and creamy. You may want to add more or less Nutritional yeast, depending on your taste. I don't like it too tangy so I use a little less. Also, depending on how creamy/liquidy, feel free to add more or less 'milk' also.

And that's it. Takes about 3 minutes after the pasta is cooked and now you can put it in your Belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment